Pages

Friday 25 January 2013

Snow Dyeing

              Having bought the dyes last year we had no more snow, so I was all ready this year.


                We had about 4" of snow so I did everything using instructions from " The Quilter "that had first
                         appeared in " Contemporary Quilt" 2010.

                                                     I sprinkled powered dye on the snow.

Then left the bucket in my garage until all the snow had melted, as I did not want any mishaps in the kitchen.




                            The proses has taken over a week but yesterday it was finally ready.


                            This was the result the colours are a bit brighter than the photo.


                                                     It was fun to see the end result.


We still have snow and last night there was a heave frost.More snow due to-day but with luck next week will be better.

I am spending to-day working on some samples for the Young Quilters.

Enjoy your week end crafting.

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments I love to hear from you.